2. Modularization and complexity management
Today companies are facing an unprecedented demand for broad product ranges and customer specific solutions combined with fierce competition on a global scale. As a result the need for managing product ranges efficiently is increasing. Modularization and complexity management is the art of satisfying a variety of customer needs with the lowest possible total cost. Our approach aims at providing the right level of product diversity for different customers, segments and markets while maximizing commonality between systems, components and value chain processes. By creating flexible and common product architectures it is possible to offer the needed variety while reducing product cost, overhead costs in e.g. product development and supply chain as well as time to market.
- How far can we modularize and standardize products and components without affecting the customer satisfaction?
- Which features should be considered to be standard, and which ones should be options or customizations?
- How can we build a common product architecture to enable successful product releases and optimize commonality?
- How can we increase component reuse cross brands, product families, regions, engineer to order projects etc.?
- Built on practical experience from Scania, leading industrial companies and consulting assignments in different industries
- Can be adapted to different industries, products, volume scenarios and company sizes
- Focuses on hands-on implementation and transformation of the offering and the organization
- Wide and flexible product range prepared for future product launches and configuration
- Reduced total cost covering direct costs and indirect costs (complexity cost)
- Optimized supply-chain in terms of lead-times, supplier base, capital employed
- Reduced Time-To-Market for coming releases
- Higher product quality